Pin It

Widgets

Introducing ...
"Irreverent Couture" by Elysian Studios
a new line of studio jewelry featuring bold combinations of fiber and beads

This statement necklace features sewn strands of silk, polyester and cotton fabrics in complementary colorways of slate and teal.  Glass, stone and pearl beads have been artfully arranged and handsewn on the necklace, with some strands cinched by black metal chain.

The fibers have been allowed to fray, creating a natural fringe.  In place of a traditional clasp, the necklace has been bound with a silk cord.  This glamorous piece makes a statement with even the simplest of outfits, and can be worn casually or to a more formal event.

Grey Cardigan by Elle, White Turtleneck by energie, both available at Kohl's

The beads and theme were chosen by Lorelei Eurto and purchased from Michael's Arts and Crafts: Peacock freshwater pearls, gunmetal chain, faceted mother of pearl ovals, chunky black nuggets and some glass that is transparent with silver edges.

I'd like to thank Lorelei, for organizing this blog hop, and her amazing eye for beads, that have now inspired two necklaces of mine.  I would also like to thank my steadfast model, Darth Vader, who stood for hours without complaint whle I built this necklace!  Maybe he could use the Force to bring me a dressform for my next project!

For more inspired pieces, follow the blog hop list below, and have fun!

25 Responses so far.

1. WOW!! OMG, that is really an amazing piece. Looks like it'd be fun to wear too! Great job utilizing the beads!

2. Wow! That's awesome!!!
    Great use of the beads.
    Shannon C

3. steufel says:

This is really, really cool!

4. Yup I have to say it to WOW!!! Totally unexpected, I LOVE IT!!! This is so fun!!

5. WOW OMG too. What an amazing necklace. Love the everything about it.

6. What a great statement piece! Excellent job!

7. Oh HOLY COW!! This piece is magnificent. So inspired, I can't believe we were working with the same materials. Great work, beautiful design, and I never knew Vader was so helpful. . .go figure! ;)

8. Holly says:

Okay, so now I've got a case of the "I Wants" very badly! This is a simply divine piece, and so very standout! Wonderful work. And yes, weren't those beads inspiring and fun to work with?

9. Hahaha! Darth Vader almost had me spewing coffee everywhere!
    I love this. There is such an easy elegance to this piece. I love the length, the color and the way you clasped it all is so unique! Thanks for sharing.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

10. Oh, this is so beautiful and astounding! I love it! Inspiring! Looks so great on, and it must be very comfortable to wear. I also really like your clothes arrangement on the hanger for the photograph.

I didn't participate in this challenge myself. But it's very very nice to see what everyone has done.

All my best,
    Malin

11. Nicki says:

I need to say this is the first statement piece I ever saw that I would love to wear. I usually do not like to big and bold, but this is wonderful.

12. hahaha - Go Darth!!!

Gorgeous piece - just breath taking - I cannot imagine the time that went into this - it's stunning!

13. Cynthia says:

OMG! that about sums it up! What a gorgeous necklace!!!
    If Darth isn't doing anything later, maybe he could come to my house (I don't have a Darth or a dressform)

14. Oh-my-gosh! This piece made me gasp out loud! Absolutely stunning. It's like part scarf, part necklace. Amazingly beautiful.

15. Chris says:

Your piece turned out so lovely! And I'm so impressed that Darth Vader was your model. You've got connections girl! :-)

16. Melissa says:

Wow! Awesome! Unexpected and fabulous! It would look amazing with a ton of different types of outfits, too.

17. Deborah says:

Fantastic concept and execution! Gorgeous and unique piece!

18. Jessica says:

Love this, Erin! Soooo beautiful! I love the color, especially. Seriously, you rock!

19. It is so beautiful! I love the colors and the texture. Gorgeous!

20. Rebecca says:

WOW. I am stunned! This is an absolute knock out of a necklace - I LOVE what you did with the ribbon!! Really fantastic - I'm only at stop number 3 on my blog hop but I think I can say with some confidence that this will be my favourite piece along the journey!!

21. KA-BOOM!!! Did you hear that? It was the sound of me being blown away by this necklace. I struggle to make a little piece of black cord work in my design ... this jumps ahead about 6 million miles. FANTASTIC!

22. Fabulous idea! I can't think of anyone I know who wouldn't love to wear this, Ohhhhhh, the color, the simplicity, the texture, the wholesome and the sexy possibilities!

23. Elisabeth says:

Incredible - really stunning!

24. Boot ~C says:

even tho' this is only my third stop, it is my favourite~beautiful , really beautiful